One of the most famous pages on Technically Easy is the post named Securing Linksys WRT54G Wireless-G Router. In that post I laid out the means expected to tie down these specific remote broadband switches to keep up with your remote organization security.
The one issue I didn’t make reference to is the manner by which to reset the switch back to the industrial facility defaults. You might have to do this on the off chance that you fail to remember your switch’s secret word or committed an error and you can’t interface with the switch. In this post I’ll layout two strategies you can follow to reset your Linksys WRT54G Wireless-G switch.
Resetting the switch to the production line defaults will erase any progressions you have made to the switch, including any security settings. This ought to be utilized if all else fails.
The main strategy includes basically squeezing a button situated on the rear of the switch. The picture underneath (politeness of Linksys) shows where the button is found.
To reset your switch, utilize the accompanying advances:
1. Press the reset button for 30 seconds.
The settings should now be gotten back to the plant default settings, which means any progressions you had made would be erased.
2. Open up your Web program and enter “192.168.1.1” in the location bar.
3. For the login, leave a clear ID and enter “administrator” as the secret word.
The switch has now been reset. Follow the means in Securing Linksys WRT54G Wireless-G Router to get your switch and for getting a Linksys remote organization.
Through the Web Administration Pages
The subsequent strategy includes signing into the Web organization pages of the switch. Utilize the accompanying strides to reset the switch utilizing this strategy:
1. Open your Web program and enter the IP address of your switch. Naturally, the location is “192.168.1.1”.
2. Enter your client ID And secret word when provoked. Ideally this has been changed, yet in the event that it hasn’t, the default is no ID and “administrator” as the secret phrase.
3. At the highest point of the Web page, click “Organization” and afterward “Production line Defaults”.
4. Beside “Reestablish Factory Defaults”, click “Yes”.
5. Now snap the “Save Settings” button at the lower part of the Web page.
Your WRT54G remote switch should now be reset to the industrial facility defaults. Guarantee you follow the means laid out in Securing Linksys WRT54G Wireless-G Router to get your switch and for getting a Linksys remote organization.
This post has given two techniques you can use to reset your Linksys WRT54G Wireless-G switch. In case you are having issues with your switch, attempt to reset the Linksys WRT54G to the production line defaults, and afterward roll out the improvements again and check whether the switch begins working once more.
You ought to likewise consider utilizing a VPN whenever you have reset your switch. Over at VPNTeacher.com you can discover how to introduce and utilize a VPN on your PC.