After as of late overhauling my Plex Windows 10 machine, I had an issue where I was unable to keep hard drives from resting on that framework. After the framework restarted, a couple of hours after the fact I would get an email from Stablebit Scanner showing that at least one of my drives were as of now not associated.
Except for the framework drive, any remaining drives associated with the framework were USB-associated outside hard drives. I was unable to interface with the drives, and the lights on the drive packaging showed that they were in rest mode.
I hadn’t encountered anything like this since I arrangement the framework more than one year prior. After some examination I discovered that there are really a few settings, in two areas, in Windows 10 that I expected to change to keep the hard drives from resting.
I detail the means beneath.
Changing the force plan
The primary setting I needed to change was the USB suspend setting in the Windows 10 force choices. This requires an overseer to change, yet you will be incited to enter the manager secret word in case you are signed in as a standard client.
1. Click Start->Settings->System->Power and Sleep to show the choices to change the force and rest settings.
2. Click the Additional force settings interface under Related force settings. The Power Options window will show up.
3. From this window, Click the Change plan settings connect close to the force plan you wish to change.
4. From the force plan window, click the Change settings that are at present inaccessible connection, and enter the overseer secret phrase when incited.
5. Click the Change progressed power settings connect to show all the force choices for the arrangement.
6. From the force plan window, click the Change settings that are presently inaccessible connection, and enter the executive secret word when provoked.
7. Expand the USB settings and afterward the USB particular suspend setting choice.
8. Change the Setting worth to Disabled.
USB regulator gadget settings
While I thought changing the USB suspend choice would take care of my concern, the USB-associated hard drives actually were taken care of by Windows 10. Now, I concluded that there should be some other setting that caused this issue. After a smidgen more exploration on the web, I discovered something that drove me to the setting that tackled the issue – debilitating the capacity for Windows 10 to wind down the gadget from the USB regulator settings.
To roll out these improvements, you can utilize the accompanying advances:
1. Click Start and afterward type PC the executives. At the point when Computer Management shows up in the query items, right-click it and afterward select Run as manager.
2. Enter the executive secret word and snap the Yes button to open the Computer Management window.
3. In that window, click Device Manager to show a rundown of the multitude of gadgets introduced on your framework, coordinated in different classes.
4. From the rundown of classes on the right, click the Universal Serial Bus regulators classification to show every one of the gadgets in that class.
5. Right-click every thing in the rundown, and the select Properties from the setting menu that shows up. A properties discourse will show up.
6. If the properties windows contains a Power the executives tab, then, at that point, click that tab. In the event that it doesn’t, close the window and rehash the past advance for the following gadget in the rundown.
7. In the Power the executives tab, uncheck the Allow the PC to wind down this gadget to save power choice.
8. Click the OK button to save the changes.
9. Repeat stages 5 to 8 for every gadget under the Universal Serial Bus regulators classification.
With these two settings set to keep hard drives from resting in Window 10, you shouldn’t object to any USB-associated hard drives from being separated.